Louise Orfila (Data Protection Officer)
I am registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a Data Controller (Number: ZA316309)
I am committed to protecting your personal information and privacy and this policy describes exactly how I will collect and use your personal information which is subject to certain legal safeguards specified in the General Data Protection Regulation.
This policy may be updated from time to time so please check back with me periodically. I will notify you of any significant changes by sending an email. Please contact me if you have any queries about the policy.
• Data to be collected: Name, phone number, email address
• Why?: The information collected from you is basic data needed in case of emergencies during singing lessons and to keep you updated with details about classes.
• How will your data be used?: Data that you give to me will only be used to contact you about lessons and in the case of an emergency. You will be contacted via email about shows, term dates, term fees, any general updates regarding weekly sessions and other opportunities, if you opt in.
• Where will your data be kept?/Data handling: Physical data forms, such as contracts, will be handed to myself (Louise) directly, and all forms will be kept in a locked cabinet securely at my home, that only I (Louise) have a key to. Contract forms sent via email will be printed and also placed in the locked cabinet. Online data that is sent to me via email, will be kept in a private Dropbox folder on my account that is never shared, or on my email account which are securely password protected. My password is not shared, only I can access this. Your contact number will be saved to my password protected phone and then removed upon request if/when you discontinue singing lessons.
• Your Rights: To comply with the GDPR articles 15-22 regarding your rights, I need to inform you about your rights for your data: You have the right to access your information, you have the right to update your information (change of number, surname, email address etc). You have the right to delete your information when discontinuing singing lessons, or at any time.
• Accounting: Your personal information for processing your payments for singing lessons and vocal coaching will be shared with accounting via quickbooks. I am data controller and my accountant is a data processor in order to complete necessary tax and accounting requirements. They have the necessary security measures in place and will inform me of any data breach to their systems.
• You will be informed immediately in the event of a data breach any kind.
• The email address you provide will be added to a mailing list which will allow for you to be kept up to date with all details about weekly lessons, shows and other opportunities.
• When a vocalist stops lessons, for any reason, data/contracts will be disposed of immediately and contact details will be removed from my mailing list and you will not be contacted in future for any marketing purposes. (If you stop lessons but you would like to continue to be on a mailing list, written consent must be given separately).
• I do NOT pass your data to any third parties and I do not share your data with anyone else for marketing purposes
• If any of your information changes in any way, please let me know as soon as possible. You have the right to request a copy of the information I hold about you, free of charge.